Walnut Park Elementary
Librarian Contact Information:
3200 Walnut Street
Gadsden, AL 35904
My name is April Adcock and I am in my fifth year as the WPES librarian . I have a bachelors degree in elementary education and a masters degree in library media science both from Jacksonville State University. At Walnut Park we work on a mostly fixed schedule allowing the students to check in/out books throughout the day. We also have a week of technology where we use the latest and greatest programs and apps.
Library Information and Calendar
Class Library of Books: Please follow this link for a Google presentation of many read aloud books from different authors.
- E.D.G.E. program has full access to the library on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
To search the library’s catalog and view available resources, please click on the link below.
*** Please note these links will take you away from this site to another 3rd party website.
- Alabama Virtual Library – online research resources can be found using this amazing online tool.
- AR Book Find – Look up books to see if they have an AR quiz or look up the quiz number or other AR information.
- Scholastic Book Wizard – Find and level books with Book Wizard. Plus, get booktalks, lesson plans, author studies, videos and discussion guides.
- Merriam-Webster Word Central – online dictionary/thesaurus with games.
- Kid Rex – Kid safe search engine.
- Safe Search – Kid safe search engine
- Schooltube – View educational videos made by teachers and students.
- Accelerated Reader (AR) Home Connect – Check student goals and personal bookshelf information.
- GPL – Check out all the Gadsden Public Library has to offer!
- Copyright– Copyright Laws for school use.
- Read Across America– Resources for Read Across America Week
- Common Sense Media– 21st Century Media Skills
- Classworks– The students will need their username and password.
- STRIDE Academy– Students will need their teachers KCC Code.
- Pebble Go